Refinance – New Loan Checklist
What we need from you?
Proof of Identity
- Driver’s License (front and back)
- Social Security Card (we have a work around if you are not able to locate your
- Permanent Resident Alien ID Card (if applicable)
- Employment Authorization Card (if applicable)
- Visa or Green Card (if applicable)
- Marriage license if recently married in the last 24 months
- If you have been divorced in the past 10 years we will need a copy your divorce
decree (all pages, signed by the judge) and any child support orders for any
minor children you have under the age of 18. Your attorney can provide you
with a copy of these items or you may be able to get copies from the courthouse
if you do not have them on hand
Proof of Income
- Most Recent 30 Days Paycheck Stubs from your employer (Please send updated
paycheck stubs over every time you get paid until we close your loan)
- Most Recent W-2 form from your employer. Please send us last years W2 from
- For Social Security, Disability, or RetirementIncome that will continue for at least
3 more years – Awards Letter, 1099’s, and 2 months of bank statements from the
bank account the SSI income was deposited into. Proof of receipt of SSI income.
- Rental Income: Current Rental/Lease Agreements if you own Rental Property
- If you are Self-Employed: Signed copies of your Personal and Business Tax
Returns (all pages and Schedules) for the previous 2 years.
Mortgage Billing Statement
- Please send us a copy of your current mortgage billing statement (most recent
available) from your loan servicer. The billing statement will have your loan
terms (rate, amount owed, escrows etc) listed on it.
Home Owners Insurance
- Homeowner’s Insurance Declarations page from your insurance agent. If you
don’t have a copy of your Declarations page handy then please email us your
insurance agents name and email address so we can reach out to them to obtain
a copy of your insurance
Miscellaneous Items (if Applicable)
- Final Divorce Decree, Child Support orders, or Separation agreement (signed by
the judge). We must have ALL pages of each applicable item, and it must be
signed by the judge
- Copy of Bankruptcy papers (all pages) and a copy of the BK Discharge
- Veterans: Separation Papers (Form DD214) IF you are taking out a VA loan
Please feel free to email or fax your information over to us. My fax number is 616-863-7125,
or you may email all of the items listed above to email@example.com
Please keep in mind we are in and out of the office all day long, taking applications and going
to closings, so it may be hard to catch us in the office. I’d be happy to set up a time to meet
with you to collect your information if you need to drop it off. Otherwise the best way to
send information to us is by email or by fax.
Please call or email us before you stop by our office so we can set up a time to meet up with
you. We prefer that you email or fax your information over so we can look at it to make sure
we have everything we need for Underwriting.
A note about your closing.
Once Your Loan is Clear to Close
** The new TRID disclosure process that went into effect October 2015 requires us to deliver
a Closing Disclosure (CD) to you 3 days before we can close your loan.
Please keep a close eye on your email inbox for updated loan disclosures as we go along and a
final CD once we get your clear to close from Underwriting.
Please make sure you have a working email address that you can check a few times a day from
your smart phone or from a PC.