Refinance – New Loan Checklist
What we need from you?
Send 1, 2, 3 and 4 over to get started!
1 – Proof of Identity
- Driver’s License (front and back)
- Social Security Card – Please send a copy of your Social Security Card over if
you have a card. If you don’t have your social security card on hand we will
work around it.
- Permanent Resident Alien ID Card (if applicable)
- Visa or Green Card (if applicable)
2 – Proof of Income
- If you receive a W2
Most Recent 30 days paycheck stubs from your employer. Please send updated paycheck stubs over every time you get paid until we close your loan
Most Recent W-2 forms from your employer for the past two years
- If you are currently Self-Employed
Copies of your Personal and Business Federal Income Tax Returns (all pages and all schedules) for the previous 2 years. Name and email address of CPA that prepares your Federal Income Tax Returns. Year to date Profit and Loss Statement for your business from your CPA. Verified Business listing on Google or 411.com. Proof all Federal income taxes owing from the last two years are paid in full
- For clients who receive Social Security, Disability, or Pension Income
Most Recent SSI, Disability or Pension Award letter, most recent two years 1099’s.
Proof of receipt of Social Security Income with two months bank statements from the bank account that your SSI income is deposited into each month
3 – Mortgage Statement
- Please send us a copy of your current mortgage billing statement from your
loan servicer. The billing statement will have your loan terms (rate, amount
owed etc) listed on it.
4 – Home Owners Insurance
- Homeowner’s Insurance Declarations page from your insurance agent. If you
don’t have a copy of your Declarations page handy then please email us your
insurance agents name and email address so we can reach out to them to obtain
a copy of your insurance
Miscellaneous Items (if applicable)
- If you have been divorced in the past 5 years or are paying child support we will need a copy of your final divorce decree, child support orders, or separation agreement (signed by the judge). We must have ALL pages of each applicable item listed for underwriting
- If you had a Bankruptcy in the past 4 years then we will need a copy of your Bankruptcy papers (all pages) including the schedule of bankruptcy and a copy of the BK Discharge
- Veterans: Separation Papers (Form DD214). This only applies to a Veteran
taking out a VA loan
Please note that there are many factors that can cause MASSIVE turbulence in Underwriting
and possibly result in a mortgage loan delay or denial. These items are called Turbulence
items and for the most part can be avoided.
Turbulence items include:
Randomly changing jobs while you are purchasing or refinancing a home and taking out a
Taking out new credit cards or loans after we ran your credit. Common mistakes people make
are opening up a credit cards to purchase furniture for their new home before we close their
mortgage. Missing payments on any loans you have